“Make sure you take a nutritious diet.”
“Are you going to the gym daily?”
“Are you adding superfoods to your diet?”
Questions. Suggestions. Bits of Advice. Word of caution.
These words sound cliché, but we’ve had it all.
But something significant has happened during the last 10 years.
The conversations have shifted from being healthy to being fit. The idea is to take care of your wellness, and the mind and body will automatically adapt and become better.
New Year Journals in 2021 focused on keeping calm and taking resolutions to stick to one good healthy habit. Why?
Because taking care of ourselves is how we change our lives.
We all know that moving our bodies helps us stay physically active, but there are other benefits too. Being active helps:
- Improve our sleep cycle.
- Deal with anxiety
- Cope with depression
- Boost your mood.
- Fill you with enthusiasm and positivity.
- Sharper memory and thinking
- Higher self-esteem
- More energy
- Stronger resilience
How do all these things happen?
- Basic yoga and exercises help release endorphins – the chemicals created by the body to relieve pain and stress.
- Staying fit also encourages our social self to go out, meet people, and talk about how we feel. People have reported positive interactions with their family and friends after they exercise.
- Our brain also has a reward center. Just like a small child is incentivized for good actions, our brain also anticipates pleasure, feels motivated, and acts hopefully with a consistent dosage of healthy living. Dopamine – the chemical messenger of the body – gets heavily circulated with regular exercise.
- A healthy lifestyle and fit mind and body directly affect our nervous system. It unblocks the “stuck” movement of our system and mobilizes our response, helping us fight stress and trauma.
- Keeping our body fit also leads to the growth of new brain cells, thereby helping us concentrate better and feel mentally sharper.
- Maintaining a good fitness regime is like an investment in our mind and body. It fosters our sense of self-worth and gives a sense of accomplishment even when we finish our smallest health goals.
What does it really mean to stay fit?
Anything that helps you stay in shape.
This can include something as simple as wearing a fitness watch to monitor your activities and bring a change where you see some scope. Staying fit helps us in wonderful ways. It acts like a natural, organic, and effective anti-anxiety treatment.
Tips and Tricks
- Sleep Right.
No matter what you are doing and how busy you are, make sure you sleep 6-8 hours every day to recharge your body’s batteries.
- Keep track of your physical activities.
In the world of Fitbit, find your monitoring device or app to track your calorie intake and body movements to help you realize where you currently stand.
- Eat the right foods.
Portion your meals and eat healthy food items like fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed products as much as you can.
- Exercise or walk every day.
Even if you are not a gym person, all you have to do is scoop 30 minutes out of your busy day and walk in your balcony or terrace or the park near your house.
- Write it down.
Write down your current BMI. Write down what makes you angry. Write down what makes you feel fresh. Write down your next fitness goal. Just make one and stick to it until it becomes a habit.
Follow these super-simple, quick steps every day for the next 3 weeks. Make it a point you choose your happy self over the anxious face.
We assure you – it would change your life and lead to shaping a beautiful mind.